Monday, January 14, 2013

5 - 2 diet

Another day and I'm starting another diet. This time though its going to be different. For a start I'm going to try an actual diet. I'm going to follow the 5- 2 diet, and I'm going to use to build recipes for fast days here. Second I'm going to write about it in this blog. While its true that nobody actually reads this blog, I still think that the actual task of writing about my progress shouldhelp to keep me motivated.

First some background. The 52 diet is a diet mentioned on the Horizon program Eat, Fast & Live Longer in August 2012, in which the dieter follows a strictly calorie controlled diet for 2 days per week (2 days on 5 days off). In it the presenter tries a number of different diets with the goal of increasing life expectancy, disease resistance, and quality of life. My main goal however at the moment is weight loss. The other beneifts are icing on the cake (which your allowed on 5 days per week). Some links are listed below


The first day was a bit of a false start since I had nothing prepared so I'll have to defer till tomorrow to start

I'll be documenting my progress in the blog here (Click here or on 52 diet label below to see all posts).

My starting point:
40 year old male. Weight 106 kg / 233 lb / 16.6 stone

Note If you were looking for the calorie count and recipe information I've moved this to here

No comments:

Post a Comment