Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Jan 30 .. Fast day 6

So first fast day of the week went fine, as it normally does.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I was ok.. There was s strong temptation to inge but I was able to keep it under control. and had a ok day, plus my weekly run. The run is great for getting me out of the house and stopping me from snacking all evening long. Howeer it does also mean that when today on my fast day, I'm quite a bit hungrier than I am on Mondays.. As a result Wednesdays are always more difficult.

We'll see how the rest of the week goes, but I feel that this build up of hunger on Wednesdays doesn't help me for the rest of the week.

But enough negativity... I'm starting today with a cup of tea to help the morning hunger. That way I can defer my porridge (yes I know, I have no imagination, but in my defense its quick and easy to prepare) until 10:30 / 11 am.

My problem later in the day will be that I have offered to bake something for a charity bake sale at work, so somehow I'm supposed to bake a cake, and not eat it.

At the moment I'm planning on making these...
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/02/whole-lemon-bars-recipe/
They sound good... and I can look forward to tasting them tomorrow.

I've been following Monsieur Lebovitz' blog for a couple of months (after his pages kept appearing in my search results... No wonder I'm overweight) . I've already tried these Ginger Crunchs, and while my results didn't look nearly as good as those in the photos, they were fairly straightforward to make, and tasted good.


No comments:

Post a Comment