Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Jan 21 .. Fast day 3


So , its my birthday today and I'm on a fast day.. Its not ideal, but by the time you get to my age birthdays aren't a great reason to celebrate.

As it happes as a present I was treated to a night at a luxury hotel, here in Dublin, and had a splurge of a dinner with matching wines at Patrick Guilbauds (Irelands only 2 Michlin star restaurant).. [Juicy Gossip..Danel Day Lewis was dining at a nearby table in anticipation of the European Priemier of Lincoln ]

That coupled with a complete pig out on Friday, and so, in a way it's a relief to be back on a fast day.

I'm sticking to the tried and tested formula.. 60g of porridge. For variety I'm mixing it up with both pinhead oats and normal rolled oats, and for that spicy taste explosion I broke in a clove...  Mmm Mmm

This afternoon has been tough. For a start its a snow day here today and I'm working from home. That's tough for me as I tend to nibble a lot more when I'm at home.. On top of that someone (who'll ermain nameless) decided to roast a chicken earlier today.. When the aromas of a roast chicken are permeating the house, snacking on cold porridge  doesn't quite hit the spot.

Its now 17:17  and I'm starting to feel quite hungry.. Dinner will consist of the Basa (frozen fish) with fish stock, ginger chilli  and veg that I had last week, and after all the rich food of the last few days I'm looking forward to it.. 

I'm going to try and hang on til 18:30 or 19:00 before diving into it to help make the evening more bearable..

No comments:

Post a Comment