Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fast Day 2: Jan 17

So whileI didn't have a complete pig out yesterday, I definiately had a partial pig out (scone, danish pastry, mince pie left over from christmas), so its actually feels good to be back on fast today. 

So I'm returning to the salted, spiced, and non sweetened porridge. Mmmm

Again sarcasm aside its not bad at all.

I'm on pinhead oats today (aka stell cut, or Irish oats) since I noticed per 100g they had slightly less calories than the normal porridge oats (according to their respective nutritional information panel's anyway). Plus been bigger I figure they may prove more satiating throughout the day.

Theres an increased cooking time with pinhead oats (20 minutes vs 2) , but I've found that pre-cooking them (2 minutes in the micorwave, and let them cool naturally) works fine. So I usually just cook mine the night before.. Then add some milk the next day when I'm eating.

Breakfast/ lunch
60g pinhead oats
a good pinch of salt
a dash cinammon
a sprinkle allspice
Water (4x the volume of  oats)
Splash of low fat milk (about 50ml)

~ 250 cals

On top of that I drink a lot of water.. Plus my saviour so far, black tea. I find drinking black tea definitely eases the hunger pangs


No comments:

Post a Comment